Correspondence regarding Rob McKenna's sign-on letter to Secretary of State Clinton in full support of Israel in Gaza

Sunday, July 19, 2009

June 16, '09 - my reply to AG with two requests for July meeting

Bert Sacks

6550 Greenwood Ave N, #11

Seattle, WA 98103

June 16, 20098

The Honorable Rob McKenna

Washington State Attorney General

1125 Washington Street SE

Olympia, WA 98501-2283

Re: Your letter regarding Israel’s actions in Gaza

Dear Attorney General McKenna:


Thank you for the invitation to meet with you (and the Corries and others) on July 15th. I have two specific requests that I respectfully ask for a reply to before that meeting.


(1) In my previous letter (enclosed) I ask your opinion whether the Israeli denial of food, medicine and water is legal under international law. I am again asking you for a response to this question before our meeting.


(2) My friend and neighbor Bruce Ramsey, who works for The Seattle Times and who has met with you, would like to join the meeting. Would that be agreeable?


In addition to the two supporting documents I originally sent with my earlier letter (which are available online) I enclose part of an op-ed by Kate Pflaumer; it has relevance to the issue we are discussing in Gaza.


Thank you. I look forward to a reply to my two requests.


Sincerely,




Bert Sacks


Attachment: my earlier letter, dated May 18, 2009, sent to you at your office in Olympia.

Excerpts from an opinion piece in the Seattle P-I, June 21, 2001, by Kate Pflaumer.


Previous attachments:

Richard Falk article, “Understanding the Gaza Catastrophe” (Jan. 2, 2009) available at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-falk/understanding-the-gaza-ca_b_154777.html

Gideon Levy article, “As the Hamas team laughs,” Ha’aretz (Feb. 19, 2006) available at:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=684258

No comments:

Post a Comment